FIRST APPOINTMENT INFORMATION
Please read and follow these instructions for your first appointment. Barbara's goal is to help you get rid of that unwanted hair.
- The hair enlarges over time to become larger in diameter.
- The hair breaks off to become ingrown or to appear again within days or weeks.
- Remnants of the root sheath remain in the skin and cause a pimple.
- The electrologist cannot see the hair until it does reappear several weeks to several months later causing you to believe that it's "regrowth" of a previously TREATED hair.
- THE NUMBER OF MINUTES YOU SPEND TWEEZING DAILY: Take this times 7. This is the number of minutes that will be needed for the electrologist to treat the area one week after you have stopped tweezing.
- You can expect to have at least 2 months of weekly treatments for this many minutes before reducing the length of your treatment.
- Consistent treatments will hasten the completion of your treatments. Hair follicles are best treated when the hair is in the early growing stage.
The time needed for Barbara's electrolysis treatments will take approximately the same length of time as you currently spend tweezing at home. The treatments will progressively diminish the hair you grow as long as you are consistent with your treatments. Even women with hormonal imbalances can get results.
Shaving is totally acceptable. Shaving only removes hair from the surface of the skin - it DOES NOT cause more hair to grow - nor does it cause hair to enlarge in size. The feeling of more hair or coarsened hair is simply from the fact that all hairs in the area have a blunt end and are the same length. As your treatments progress, the large diameter hairs will decrease and smaller diameter hairs will become more noticeable to you. A close shave may result in fewer hairs being visible to the electrologist. PLEASE ALLOW AT LEAST 24 HOURS OF HAIR GROWTH BEFORE YOUR ELECTROLYSIS TREATMENT. As treatment progress Barbara may request that you allow several days growth because smaller diameter hairs grow slower than larger diameter hairs.